Partners Interpreting utilizes video platforms designed with interpreting in mind. All you need is a computer or a tablet, a web camera, an internet connection, and an account with PI. Connect with a browser or download our free app for on-demand access to high-definition, high-quality audio and video interpreted sessions. Our VRI platform supports over 25+ spoken languages in addition to American Sign Language. (Please see our VRI Language List)
– Format: Pre-scheduled
– Billing: First hour charged by the hour, then minute increments
– Connect: Any conference platform
– Format: On-demand — Traditionally, deaf and hearing individual(s) ARE in the same room
– Billing: Charged by the minute
– Connect: PI’s provided platforms
– Format: On-demand phone — by law, parties CAN NOT be in the same physical space
– Billing: Federally (FCC) governed and funded
– Connect: Standard phone + proprietary vendor software/hardware
Although virtual meetings often allow participants to call in — and therefore utilize free VRS interpreting service —— VIS offers numerous advantages:
PI brings you a local and a national network of interpreters for capacity and scalability you can rely on. We have partnered with two strategic partners to deliver quality spoken language services. Our first partner is one of the most prominent providers in the U.S., well known for their excellence in interpreting on-demand, with over 5,000+ calls processed daily. Our second partner is one of the country’s oldest language companies and has tremendous capacity and range of languages, especially for pre-scheduled foreign languages.
VRI Languages supported: Note additional language or expanded hours always being added. Contact us for the latest listing.
Always consult with the Deaf person and/or our team to assist in identifying if VRI is an appropriate option, since there are many factors that go into that decision. Factors such as the end user’s language needs and role in the interaction, logistics and technology.