Who is responsible for providing the interpreter? And Who should request for the sign language interpreter?

The Deaf consumer is not responsible to place a service request, but the entity (paying party) is. All places should have predetermined protocols and trained staff members to ensure they know how to obtain interpreter services and other communication aids and services when needed by persons who are deaf or hard of hearing. The public entity, no matter whether they are a profit or non-profit organization. This especially holds true for any public entity who receives any kind of federal funding (including medicare/Medicaid).