PI Client General Terms
Below are policies, terms and protocols for interpreting services and supplement our complete Terms and Conditions. A Terms and Conditions document along with Rates & Policies (in the form of Exhibits) for each individual service type are sent for your review when establishing an account with Partners Interpreting.
GENERAL CANCELLATION TERMS
Once an assignment has been confirmed (phone/email/online scheduling portal), the following cancellation policies apply. Specifics of our cancellation policies vary according to the service that the customer has scheduled, e.g. on-site, over-the-phone (OPI), Video Remote Interpreting (VRI). See the specific Exhibit for the cancellation policy that applies to the service you are cancelling. The following applies for all pre-scheduled services (with the exception of on-demand OPI/VRI services).
- Although other work opportunities may have been available, your interpreter(s) were secured and confirmed for the time(s) requested, for your organization/event exclusively and they rely on that income. Cancelation polices are developed to protect the time of the interpreter(s) secured along with the coordination work invested by your schedule coordinator.
- All cancelations must be done by phone (for requests under 48 hrs.) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations must be received by PARTNERS during business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST) only. If PARTNERS receives notice of a cancellation for pre-scheduled work outside of business hours, it will be deemed to have been received at the start of the next business day for billing purposes.
- The approved BUSINESS contact must make the cancelation- not the consumer.
- The required notice of cancellation applies even on occasions when BUSINESS cancels due to circumstances not within its control, such as adverse weather conditions, emergencies, strikes and last-minute cancellations of the event for which interpreting services were requested. We work across the U.S. with various public and private organizations and institutions; each has varying services and policies. Our interpreters are not centralized but live and work across the region as well. Therefore, when an interpreter is available to go to an assignment, including when a cancellation occurs while the interpreter is already on route to an onsite assignment, full charges will apply. If the interpreter him/herself is unable to appear, no charges will apply.
- Consumer no-show policy: Should the ‘consumer’ not appear or show up late and the scheduled services, meeting or appointment cannot occur, BUSINESS is still responsible to pay for the secured services.
- For college students, the following policies apply to the Disability Services (DS) or designated school department:
- DS is responsible for informing the student of PI’s “no show policy.”
- Student is responsible for notifying the DS if any changes are made in their course(s).
- Should the interpreter not appear as scheduled (unless canceled), BUSINESS will not be billed for services.
Non-Discrimination: Neither party shall discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, military status or gender identity in providing services under our client Terms and Conditions Agreements.
Medicare and Medicaid Fraud Representation: Partners Interpreting(PI) represents that it is not currently under investigation or debarred by any state or federal governmental agency for Medicare or Medicaid fraud. Further, PI represents that to the best of its reasonable knowledge its currently practicing staff (“Staff’) are not under sanction by a state or federal governmental agency, that its Staff are not currently excluded from participating in the Medicare or Medicaid programs, and that no such proceeding is pending. In the event an investigation of PI is initiated by any state or federal governmental agency, or it is discovered that the representations contained herein are false, the non-breaching Party reserves the right to immediately terminate this Agreement. It is understood and agreed to by the Parties that the ability to verify if any Staff are currently debarred is dependent upon the accuracy of the information contained on the OIG list of excluded persons and the representations of each individual Staff.
Confidential Information: While performing interpreting services on behalf of your organization, Partners Interpreting and our interpreters may hear or see confidential information relating to your business operations or regarding the consumer(s). PARTNERS takes confidentiality seriously and abides by the industry standard Code of Professional conduct, which requires ‘confidential communication’. PI acknowledges its duty to keep your and your customers’ confidential information in strict confidence; and we will not use or disclose such information for any purpose other than to carry out the interpreting process, and your and our legitimate business operations. Measures to maintain security and privacy are in place for all our customers. A full Data Security plan and policy is in place for all employees, contractors and agents to protect the security and confidentiality.
HIPAA, HITECH and PHI: PARTNERS along with its agents and subcontractors, comply with all regulations and requirements outlined for HIPAA, HITECH and PHI and has implemented appropriate safeguards to prevent use or disclosure outside performing functions to deliver services.
Facilitation: The Client agrees to furnish Partners and all affiliated personnel with all information available and necessary for successful completion of the project, including but not limited to preferential spelling, agendas, glossaries, web sites, etc., prior to commencement of the services and/or whenever Partners requests such information in the course of the project execution.
Insurance: During the term of this Agreement, PARTNERS will maintain insurance, at its own expense, as follows: General Liability and Professional liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance as required by state law. Certificates of insurance coverages may be supplied upon request.